It’s Monday, and let’s admit, most of us feel like this:
This weekend was an absolute scorcher, and while many West Virginians traveled to the Greenbrier for the Classic, some were again knocked out of power by the storm that hit late yesterday afternoon. Apparently our state just can’t catch a break.
So it’s Monday, a day which is typically filled with a less than positive outlook for the day, and sometimes the week itself. It’s easy to do, especially if you’re coming off a fun weekend. So what’s the solution? How about a positive attitude? I know I harp on this all the time, but I truly believe that your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life. So how about this attitude:
Think of today as YOUR day by trying a few things:
- Avoid negativity at all costs. Everyone has a pessimistic coworker, friend or family member. When someone around you starts complaining about it being Monday – ear muffs!
- Say yes. You never know, you might end up with a whole new experience that causes you to look back at the end of the week with fondness for the dreaded day, instead of dread for the upcoming Monday.
- Splurge. Treat yourself to dessert at lunch. Drink the 1K+ calorie latte from the coffee shop. Whatever boosts your mood.
- Exercise in the morning. Yes, getting up early, especially on a Monday is hard, and getting up extra early is even harder. But once it’s over, you’ll feel great, I promise.
- Read the 13 Simple Steps to Get You through a Rough Day, for a super quick smile and pick-me-up.