This past week was one of trying new recipes and having a good time with friends. Friday night my friend and I had an Office marathon (the final season premieres this Thursday) and had frozen hot chocolate a la Serendipity:
Saturday night, I went out with the girls from the skating team. Not without a photoshoot beforehand, though:Sunday, I tried a new recipe, Pizzuchini boats. The recipe was pretty easy, super low cal and carb and absolutely delicious. Here’s what you’ll need for a single serving:
- 2 zucchini
- Low calorie pizza sauce
- Ground turkey
- Chopped onion
- Chopped green pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a frying pan and begin browning ground turkey, add garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
2. While the turkey is browning, slice zucchini in half and begin to remove the seeds and inside contents of the zucchini with a spoon:
3. Once this is done, grease a baking pan and set zucchini aside.
4. Chop onion and pepper and add it to the turkey to blend the tastes. Add more seasoning to taste. Then spoon 3-4 tablespoons of pizza or spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese to mixture and let simmer:
6. Bake for 15 minutes, let cool and enjoy!