Happy Sunday, y’all! I hope you are reading this just as I am writing this: laying in bed, drinking coffee and letting the cool early fall morning air waft into your room. It doesn’t get much better than that, let me tell you.
I wanted to share a few of my favorite links from around the interwebs this week for Sunday reading (after you read the newspaper, of course!):
1. Stylecaster did a roundup of 101 Fashion Tips and Tricks Every Girl Should Know. A few tips I found interesting:
- Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain
- If blush or bronzer breaks in your handbag, pre-moistened makeup removing wipes will clean up the loose powder flawlessly.
- Going to a winter wedding or formal event? Try wearing a sleeveless fur vest as a top, cinching it with a skinny belt or piece of ribbon and pairing it with a floor-length skirt.
2. This Buzzfeed article: The 24 Greatest Things That Could Ever Happen to You:
3. Mental Floss did a roundup of the strange origins of 5 iconic fashions. Did you know that high heels on boots were first worn by men so that their shoes stayed in the stirrups while riding horses into battle? Or that women in Italy started wearing huge platform shoes to raise them above the garbage and feces in the streets? Crazy interesting. Definitely check out that article.
4. I’m a big fan of bows, so I was thrilled to see The Beauty Department show how to wear bows in your hair without looking like a child.
5. For all your history buffs, or people who just like to learn new things, I encourage you to check out the Stuff You Missed in History Class and Stuff You Should Know Podcasts. Check out the website affiliated with the Podcasts, Stuff You Should Know, for an even more in-depth look at the topics they discuss in their weekly talks.
Happy Sunday and happy reading! Hope you all have a relaxing day:)Follow along: