I’ve been wanting to do a post about my favorite masks for awhile now, but never got around to putting my favorites in one place. One of my favorite things to do is head to Sephora and try new products – so I figured I’d share which ones have stood out for me over time.
I have combination skin, and am always trying to find a blackhead/clogged pore solution. I also have moderate redness (nothing major, just undertones) that I’m always trying to counteract and these definitely help with that:
- caudalie instant detox mask – I love using detoxing mask, especially when I’ve been traveling a lot. Not only do your insides sometimes need a detox (hot water with lemon, ya’ll!) but your skin needs it, too. This one brightens and tightens and my skin is definitely less oily and my pores are definitely tighter after use. I apply for 15-20 minutes.
- Origins clear improvement charcoal mask – LOVE this for when my pores are looking particularly gnarly (lovely, right?). I put this baby on once a week or once every other week, and it absolutely helps clear my pores. I apply this one for 15 minutes and rinse by washing my face.
- glamglow youthmud tinglexfoliate treatment – I use this once a week to combat aging. Yes, I’m only 25, but I recently realized I’m at the age where I need to take preventative action. Plus, sitting in front of a computer/iPad/phone/TV basically all day, doesn’t help in the wrinkle department. I LOVE this mask because it goes on black, but as it dries, turns a green/grey (pictured above) so you KNOW when it’s ready to rinse off.
- glamglow supermud clearing treatment – I use this 1x/week (or every other week) but especially when I’m having breakout issues. I have lots of tiny blackhead problems around my chin, and this really helps extract the gunk.
- glamglow flashmud brightening – This one is GREAT for brightening your skin. When you first try it, you’ll need to use it daily for 3-4 days, then once a week after that. I can’t recommend this one enough
- glamglow powermud dualcleanse & gravitymud – I admit, I haven’t tried the Gravitymud yet, but it’s supposed to peel off, and let’s face it, that sounds super fun try try #amiright!? I love this dualcleanse mask as a weekly detoxifier, too (although if you use the Caudalie, you don’t need both).
Face wash favorites:
- glamglow youthcleanse daily exfoliating cleanser – I use this baby for my morning facewash. It takes some getting used to, because you actually apply it to your skin dry and add water as you wash to make it foam, but I definitely recommend it.
- fresh soy face cleanser – I use this at night after taking off my makeup. I like fresh products because they’re generally very light, and this one is no exception.
- murad skin smoothing polish – this facewash is AMAZING. It’s a heavier exfoliator so if you have sensitive skin, beware, but it works. My skin is so much smoother, less shiny and less oily when i wash with it.
What are your favorites? Please share!
xx -AFollow along: