While packing for a work trip earlier this week, I got to thinking about the makeup products that have true staying power. You know what I’m talking about, the go-tos that you purchase time and time again.
In fact, I had to make a Sephora run last weekend to replenish a few of my favorites. Since its been awhile since we last talked beauty, I wanted to share a few of my favorites! This post mostly focuses on foundations and primers, with a few fun extras at the end.
- Laura Mercier Radiance Primer – I’ve posted about this one before, but I absolutely love love love this primer. I don’t have the most ‘radiant’ skin naturally (does anyone, really!?) so I love to wear this when I want my skin to actually glow. I’m wearing it under my foundation in this post from New Year’s Eve.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weighless Ultra Definition Foundation – whew, that’s a mouthful. This is my everyday foundation, and what I’m wearing in 95% of my blog posts. I love it because as a twentysomething, I don’t need super thick foundation, but I definitely want something with enough coverage to improve my skin without feeling heavy. This is absolutely that foundation.
- Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment – No, I don’t have ‘acne’ but I do have hormone-induced breakout-prone skin, so I love that this primer actually has salicylic acid in it. I do have combination/oily skin so this gets rid of any excess oil before I even put my makeup on!
- Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion – Any and all of the shades of this amazing eye primer I highly recommend, especially if you’re a fan of the UD eyeshadows which dust very easily. Eyeshadow looks more vibrant and stays ALL. DAY. This is not a drill. I’ve even had my eye makeup last through a workout before (hey man, sometimes a girl is in a hurry).
- Tarte BB Tinted Treatment – So this is advertised as a ’24-hour primer’, but I usually use this as a BB cream. It’s got killer coverage…it’s enough that it can be worn by itself (I do this on lazy days or in the summertime when I want a super-lite makeup) or under foundation. I wear it under my foundation (apply before primer!) on a day-to-day because of the SPF 30.
- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue – I love this not-quite-foundation-not-quite-BB cream. It’s super moisturizing, so I don’t recommend wearing this one with any other foundations, but it’s great for achieving that dewey-skin look.
On another note, I popped into Sephora last weekend (mostly for some of these must-purchase items) but I also found quite a few amazing lipsticks I wanted to share. The Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks are all on huge sale right now:
What beauty products do you purchase time and time again? Share!