Last week’s weekly Gift Guide had a roundup of hostess gifts under $60, which I am obsessed with, but sometimes it’s fun to make something a little more personal. I discovered this idea a few years ago from my aunt and it’s become my go-to [super affordable] DIY gift for a hostess, bff or coworker.
I used to make these fun little crafts with traditional Christmas lights, but when I discovered these LED Twinkle lights, I started using those. It makes it a gift that can be used year-round, not just during the holidays!
Here’s how to make them:
What you’ll need:
- Empty wine bottle
- Razor blade
- Goo Gone
- LED Twinkle Lights
- AA Batteries
- Optional: Bottle stopper, ornament
- Soak an empty wine bottle in warm water:
2. Once your wine bottles have had a few minutes to soak, start scraping the label off with a razor blade.
3. After you’ve scraped as much as you can off the bottles, spray Goo Gone on them and wipe away any remaining residue.
4. Once you’ve cleaned and dried the wine bottle, put the batteries in your lights so you’ll be able to see that they’re evenly distributed as you insert them.
5. Begin stringing your lights into your wine bottle. With lights this small, you shouldn’t need anything to help getting them into the wine bottle.
6. String the lights into the bottle until the battery pack lays on the ground with no extra wire.
7. To add a personal touch, I like to add an ornament and a wine bottle stopper that are personal to whoever I’m giving it to. That way, you’re essentially giving three gifts at once.