Happy FriYaY everyone! Sorry for the radio silence around here this week. Honestly, life got in the way. I’m certainly one of those people who is constantly working on that work/life balance, and this week work (aka my full time job) won. There was lots of coming home after the ‘9 to 5’ part and continuing to work this week. I don’t think anyone really works traditional hours anymore, certainly not me, so it’s something I’m constantly working on. Anyone else have this struggle?
Anyway, I hope you’re SO ready for the long weekend ahead! Pools are opening, Summer if officially here! It’s hard to believe we’re already at the end of May. Let’s get to it, shall we:
Around the Interwebs:
- I definitely need to try these 8 healthy salads.
- I can’t believe we’re already talking fall fashion, but here are the top 12 trends to watch for this fall. Space age anyone? Personally, I’m really excited about the red trend, it’s my favorite color to wear!
- A SUPER interesting read: A history of business casual in America.
- Why you need to slow down, and tips for how to actually do it. (I am loving these tips because they’re actually realistic!)
- Tips for navigating the beauty section at TJ Maxx – super interesting as I’m someone who LOVES TJs but rarely shops their beauty section.
- I won’t lie, I was nodding right along as I read this: Why do we insist on socializing at night?
Around the blogosphere:
- Need some Memorial Day outfit inspo? Look no further than The Professional Prep.
- Last week, I got to represent a local boutique with a few fellow Threadies, Kayla and Chelsea. (My looks are coming next week!) I’m loving this blouse on Chelsea of Closet Full of Cocktails!
- Loving this black lace dress on Jess and all the ways she styled it (all about those closet workhorses).
- Not sure I could wear printed pants, until I saw them on Glitter and Gingham.
- Just picked up this pretty seersucker skirt. It needs hemmed, but is otherwise perfect for summer!
- Scooped up this blouse and this dress from the Loft sale this week.
- Gingham sandals? Yes please! (Plus they’re on major sale!)