Last week, I shared the first post in a series about making your makeup stay all day. As mentioned, I had oily/combination skin growing up, and my makeup would be gone in just a few hours – SO frustrating, plus it felt like a colossal waste of money.
Since its taken me years to get my combo to something that really works for me, I wanted to share my favorite products.
- Urban Decay Vitamin Infused B6 Complexion Prep Spray – I use this from time to time after washing my face (it works as a toner, too). I like that it mattifyes my skin.
- Kopari Coconut Rose Toner – I actually got this after I shot these products, so no photo here, but I’ve become a big fan of this. It tones skin without leaving it feeling too dry. Plus the smell is amazing!
- Tarte BB tinted primer (with SPF 30) – I love this stuff. There is absolutely NOTHING oily about it. It even feels matte when it comes out of the tube. I use this after washing, toning and moisturizing. (Pro tip: Generally, I will wash, tone and moisturize then go make breakfast so everything has a chance to soak into my skin before applying makeup. This helps my skin not feel so oily.) I’ll also use this on days I don’t feel like doing my makeup for the added SPF and for how even it makes my skintone.
- Cover FX Mattifying Primer with anti-acne treatment – Shoutout to my girl Shivalicious for turning me on to this stuff a few years ago. It quickly became my mattifying go-to. It has definitely helped my skin!
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Priming Potion – This stuff is straight up MAGIC for me. I use this every day I wear eyeshadow. My lids stay perfectly in-place ALL DAY. Not even a little slippage. I can even leave my eye makeup on during a workout (for the record, this is not my normal practice, but hey, sometimes you have places to be after a workout) and it stays in place, no matter how sweaty I am.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Finishing Powder – I tried this after reading about it on another blog, and I’ve become a big fan (full review in this post)
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray – I love this stuff. I spray it on before putting my mascara on (I don’t like what it does to my mascara, which is my very last step). It sets your makeup and absorbs any oil and keeps me shine-free throughout the day.