Ok, first of all, holy November. Did October even happen?! I was on vacation for a good portion of the month (#champagneprobz) and when we got back it was like… BAM! the holidays are here.
Speaking of, do the holidays seem to hit earlier and earlier every year? Seth and I are putting up our Christmas tree in the next couple of weeks because I’ll be traveling for pretty much the entirety of the last six weeks of the year, and it’s a tradition in our house that we decorate the tree together and listen to Christmas music.
October’s box came the day before we left for vacation, so I didn’t have time to shoot it before we left, hence the delay. SO here we go:
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil – This sheer setting powder provides a little more coverage than my everyday setting powder (IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Powder). I liked it a lot! I love the extra coverage it gives to my everyday foundation and I think it’ll also look great with my fuller coverage foundation as well.
- Gucci ‘Bloom’ – As if the name didn’t say it, this is a very heavy, floral scent. It’s definitely not something I would purchase myself, but I’m wearing it today and though I kind of feel like an old librarian, I’m also kind of into it.. am I crazy?
- dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion Pore Perfecting Exfoliator – I do a ‘heavy’ exfoliation once a week, generally and this week, I tried this one. I liked it a lot! My normal exfoliating treatment is this one from Murad, which is a great price so I don’t know that i’d switch necessarily, but I will definitely be using this on occasion.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum – I was SO excited this was in my box, since I’ve been wanting to try it, but $$$$. SO, after trying it in this box, I’m a fan (Unfortunately, because again…$$$.) Sunday Riley products really do what they say they’re going to do, which is definitely worth the investment. Plus, I’ve found that with high end beauty products, while they cost more up front, you definitely use less product on a daily basis, so they last MUCH longer.
- Make Up For Ever Ulta HD Invisible Cover Foundation – I actually used to wear this foundation as my everyday in college. I stopped using it because I didn’t feel it stayed on super well, but then again.. I also wasn’t using a primer or setting spray. SO…. I used it again and I definitely think it’s great for lightweight coverage.
Shop the post: