Ok, first of all, holy November. Did October even happen?! I was on vacation for a good portion of the month (#champagneprobz) and when we got back it was like… BAM! the holidays are here.
Speaking of, do the holidays seem to hit earlier and earlier every year? Seth and I are putting up our Christmas tree in the next couple of weeks because I’ll be traveling for pretty much the entirety of the last six weeks of the year, and it’s a tradition in our house that we decorate the tree together and listen to Christmas music.
October’s box came the day before we left for vacation, so I didn’t have time to shoot it before we left, hence the delay. SO here we go:
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil – This sheer setting powder provides a little more coverage than my everyday setting powder (IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Powder). I liked it a lot! I love the extra coverage it gives to my everyday foundation and I think it’ll also look great with my fuller coverage foundation as well.
- Gucci ‘Bloom’ – As if the name didn’t say it, this is a very heavy, floral scent. It’s definitely not something I would purchase myself, but I’m wearing it today and though I kind of feel like an old librarian, I’m also kind of into it.. am I crazy?
- dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion Pore Perfecting Exfoliator – I do a ‘heavy’ exfoliation once a week, generally and this week, I tried this one. I liked it a lot! My normal exfoliating treatment is this one from Murad, which is a great price so I don’t know that i’d switch necessarily, but I will definitely be using this on occasion.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum – I was SO excited this was in my box, since I’ve been wanting to try it, but $$$$. SO, after trying it in this box, I’m a fan (Unfortunately, because again…$$$.) Sunday Riley products really do what they say they’re going to do, which is definitely worth the investment. Plus, I’ve found that with high end beauty products, while they cost more up front, you definitely use less product on a daily basis, so they last MUCH longer.
- Make Up For Ever Ulta HD Invisible Cover Foundation – I actually used to wear this foundation as my everyday in college. I stopped using it because I didn’t feel it stayed on super well, but then again.. I also wasn’t using a primer or setting spray. SO…. I used it again and I definitely think it’s great for lightweight coverage.
Shop the post:
I know it feels repetitive to say this, because I feel like I’ve been saying it pretty much all year, but how are we nearly to October already!? I admit, I was pretty excited to receive this month’s box. August’s wasn’t amazing (full review here) so I was hoping this one would be great, and it didn’t disappoint! (Don’t forget to catch my last few reviews here and here.)
- Benefit Gimme Me Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel – I’ve been using this since it came in the mail instead of my normal e.l.f. brow pencil, and I definitely like it. It subtly darkens my brows without making them too dark (hello, light hair and fair skin I don’t want to overdo it). for the price point vs. my e.l.f., I don’t think I would purchase a full size, but I really do like the tiny brush and how easy it is to apply.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in black – This liner goes on super smoothly, and it did a pretty good job of staying in place all day. My daily liner is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner.
- I don’t think I would replace, as I think the Kat Von D creates a smoother line than the Stila and stayed just a touch better, but it’s a great alternative.
- Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lips in ‘Happy’ – Candidly, I totally forgot to add this into my shoot, because it was in my purse, which should tell you all you need to know. I’ve been wearing this lipstick and really like it. This totally surprised me, because I don’t normally wear non-matte lipsticks and this one has a little glitter but the color is perfect, which will make it perfect for holiday parties.
- Belief the True Cream Moisturizing Bomb – This was the product I was least excited about, but it turned out to be not so bad! It’s not super crazy thick like a lot of ‘moisture’ products are, but I’ve used it once a week and it definitely makes my (normal/combination) skin happy, and will be using it in winter to keep my skin hydrated. It’s light and has a citrus smell – which is exactly what I didn’t know I wanted!
Shop the post:
I’ve been a Sephora Play! subscriber for over a year now, and the boxes just keep getting better. I jumped on the train as soon as it was available in my area.
(If you’re not aware, Sephora started it’s own monthly subscription box for $10/month for 5 deluxe samples – and no, this is not sponsored, I just really love this service.)
March’s box was particularly good, and since I hadn’t talked about it on the blog yet, I figured it was time to share. Each month has a different ‘theme’ – March’s theme was ‘Glow Your Own Way’ with products designed to make your skin and hair shine and glow.
What I like best about each month is that it’s been a solid mix of products I’ve never heard of but am totally game to try and some that are already part of my everyday routine. Case in point, this month’s samples were: