It’s that time of year, ya’ll! I’m so excited each year for the Sephora sale. The illusive 20% off is the perfect time to stock up on favorites as well as take home items you want but maybe didn’t want to pay full price for.
This year, I picked up quite a few things, and also came across a few
- Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray – I’ve been a HUGE fan of the UD makeup setting spray for a long time, and I happened to try this out in store a month or so ago, and was very impressed with how fine the mist was. I also have the illuminating version if you want a subtle glow, too.
- Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops – Just 1-2 drops of these puppies into your foundation and your skin will glow like no other. I love this kit because you really can get whatever glow you’d like. Plus you can use it as an epic highlighter. too and they last quite a long time.
- Murad Pore Refining Scrub – Hands down, this is my favorite deep exfoliator. I use this 1-2x per week when I want a deep clean/scrub and I love how well it works. Plus, it has cinnamon so my pores shrink right up.
- Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base – I first heard about this glowy foundation from Hallie at Among Other Things and knew I had to have it. Her skin looked SO glowy and perfect, it’s going to be great for days when you want subtle coverage and a glowy look.
- Make Up For Ever Mattifying Primer – This is my new holy grail primer. I recently switched over from the Cover FX Mattifying primer, which was more a gel consistency. When I use a primer, I want my makeup to genuinely stay all day, and this primer 100% does the trick. From day 1 I noticed my makeup staying put longer and longer – and that, my friends, is worth the money.
- Naked Skin Foundation – Another one of my holy grail products. I use this medium-coverage foundation for everyday wear and have really loved it. It’s lightweight, buildable and really doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything on your face!
- Cover FX Custom Infusion Drops – Though I don’t have these yet, but I’m so intrigued! Anything that makes my skin look more even, smooth and bright, I am here for.
- Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Foundation – Have your face look like a real-life snapchat filer? Yes please. Though a bunch of these are sold out online, I’ve heard nothing but good things and cannot wait to get my hands on a bottle.
Shop the post:
What will you be buying during this year’s sale? Do tell!
It’s that time of year, ya’ll. The Sephora sale AKA early Christmas. 20% off EVERYTHING on the site is no joke.
The sale is currently open to all VIB Rouge members through today (use code 20ROUGE) until 11/7 and open to all other VIB members from 11/11-11/14 (code 20VIB).
In light of the sale AND a conversation I had with my awesome brow magician (Hi, Wendy! – seriously, ya’ll she works wonders, go see her at Sia Spa) I wanted to share some of my tried and true beauty products from Sephora (in no particular order).
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – I have this powder highlighter in two colors (Champagne Pop and Opal) and I use one EVERY day. Not only do they give an immediate glow, but it really lasts. I also have this liquid highlighter that I use a lot as well.
- Laura Mercier Radiance Primer – I’ve blogged about this before, but I use this under my foundation (or mixed with my foundation) whenever I want my skin to really glow.
- Sephora Collection Luxe False Lashes – I first purchased these lashes for my wedding (thanks, Shivalicious!) and I immediately became a believer. They price tag can be a little scary BUT they’re so worth it – I wore the same pair for almost a YEAR. They just recently wore out and I’m going to purchase my second pair.
- IT Cosmetisc Superhero Mascara & Benefit Roller Lift Mascara– I use these two mascaras in combination (I apply IT Cosmetics first and then Benefit to lift) and I love what they do for my not-so-naturally lengthly lashes.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick – I have UD’s lipsticks in a ton of colors, especially the mattes. They’re not dry, which is great for me because I seem to have perpetually dry lips.
- UD 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil – I use this pencil to tight line my eyes every. single. day. and I cannot recommend it enough. They truly do glide on SO smoothly. It’s unlike any pencil liner I’ve ever used.
- Sephora Collection Ink Gel – This cheek tint came in one of my Play! boxes and I haven’t looked back. I absolutely love it – I use it for everyday AND on days when I just throw it on over a BB cream.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick – Probably my favorite lippie to wear. Perfectly matte, not over-drying at all. The colors are SO vivid. My personal favorite is ‘Armageddon’ which will make even the palest person (me) look bronze (ie here)
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Like the Kat Von D, I have this in quite a few colors and I love them. I especially love Cruella, Rikuguen and Never Say Never).
Posted in Beauty
Tagged affordable fashion, beauty blog, best beauty buys, cincinnati blog, Cincinnati blogger, cincinnati blogs, cincinnati fashion, cincinnati fashion blog, cincinnati fashion blogger, fall fashion, frugal fashionista, midwest fashion blog, sephora sale, thread cincinnati